Lockdown is a tough time to through surprises. But DIY is still in trend, and this is your best bet to make your mother dearest happy, this Mother’s Day. While a chocolate cake has many shortcuts, we also know that our mothers aren’t too fond of chocolate. So, here’s a delicious vanilla cake for her.
Watch an episode of Sanjeev Kapoor’s Khaana Khazana here:
- To make this Vanilla cake, start by taking a large bowl with buttermilk in it. Add vanilla essence and vegetable oil. Give it a good whisk to combine it all.
- Take another bowl and prepare the dry ingredients mix. Start by adding flour and a pinch of salt. Add baking powder and baking soda to it. Combine them well and set it aside.
- In a new bowl, take sugar, butter and brown sugar. Combine them well using an electric whisk. As you do that, add eggs one at a time until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Now, continue whisking and add a scoopful of the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients into it. By the end of it, you will have a smooth and lump-free cake batter. At this point, you can also add colourful sprinkles to it.
- Grease your tins with butter and parchment paper. Pour the batter into it and pop it inside the oven for about 30 minutes. Be sure to insert a skewer at the centre of the cake to check if it has finished baking entirely.
- While the cake bakes, get started with the frosting. Take a bowl and add butter and cream cheese into it. Add a pinch of salt and a cup full of sugar to it as you start whisking it.
- Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to cool completely before you unload it from the tin. Now, slather the frosting over it and coat it evenly on all sides. You can decorate it with fresh fruits or chocolates. If you have the tools, go ahead and make small flowers on it to make it look more professional.
Check out more recipes and food stories here. Watch ZEE5’s latest film named AmruthamRamam, streaming now.
Get Live Updates on Coronavirus Outbreak on ZEE5 News.